Work with Troy
Troy brings over 16 years of experience in the fitness industry to Vigor Active. He is a Certified Personal Trainer through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and The Cooper Institute. The reason he personal trains is to give back to his community, and the people around him the power of a healthier and happier lifestyle. Troy’s favorite part about personal training is the ability to help eliminate the use of medication for his clients through the natural healing processes of exercise and proper diet.
Been training since: May 2002
What do you love about being a personal trainer?
My favorite part about personal training is being around the people and helping change their lives!
Why do you do what you do?
The reason I personal train is to give back to my community and the people around me the power of a healthier and happier lifestyle.
“That which does not kill me, only makes me stronger.”
Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Alabama A&M University, Magna Cum Laude, May 1996
- National Strength and Conditioning Association, Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA-CPT), 2015
- Cooper Institute, Certified Personal Trainer (CI-CPT), 2008
- Cooper Institute, Biomechanics of Resistance Training, 2009
- Cooper Institute, Group Instructor, 2009
- Fitour Indoor Cycling Instructor, 2007
- Everlast Boxing Instructor, 2005
- Larry North Fitness Personal Trainer and Group Instructor, 2005 - Present
Applied Knowledge and Studies
- Mixed Martial Arts Studies (Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Thai Boxing, and Taekwondo)
- Collegiate Football
- Tabata Bootcamp Instructor
- Sports Supplements Courses, Hippocrates Health Institute
- 3D Flexibility Training, Grey Institute
- 3D Matrix Performance Series, Grey Institute